START OF YEAR INFORMATION 2012-13
MML Tripos and Linguistics Tripos
Please notify departmental secretaries immediately of any changes in students' circumstances eg: change in tripos or language.
Timetable of Start of Term events.Please check carefully for information regarding Supervision arrangements (Tripos courses), language classes, diagnostic tests, and important introductory meetings for Part IA students.
Certificate and Diploma Information.Those wishing to take a Certificate or Diploma in modern languages can obtain further details about the languages available and an application form by visiting www.mml.cam.ac.uk/undergrad/dipcert.html. Application forms should be returned to the department responsible for the language to be studied by no later than 9am on Friday 12 October 2012.
Applicants for the Modern Greek Certificate or Diploma should attend a meeting to be held on Wednesday 2 October 2012 at 2pm in room 331, RFB.
Language Class Lists (MML)Language class lists for all languages will be displayed on Departmental Noticeboards from Monday 1 October 2012 (Tuesday 2 October for French) and will not be sent out to Directors of Studies.
Lecture ListingsThe online Lecture Listings can now be viewed at: http://timetables.caret.cam.ac.uk/live/. You will also find a quick link from the front page of the Faculty website.
Students borrowing papers from other facultiesDirectors of Studies of students wishing to borrow papers from other Faculties into MML Part II and Linguistics Tripos Parts IIA and IIB are advised to contact the relevant course convenors as soon as possible to confirm supervision arrangements. The MML Faculty Office has copies of lists of supervisors for English and History which can be sent out on request.
Student Deadlines.Part IIB Linguistics students 2012/13
- Proposed title forms for final year dissertation to be submitted to the Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics by no later than 3pm on Friday 19 October 2012.
- The Year Abroad Project must be submitted by no later than 4pm on Friday 5 October 2012.
- Students returning from their year abroad should hand in their attendance form and report form to YA Office by Friday 12 October 2012.
- Students wishing to apply to submit an Optional Dissertation should hand in their application form to the Faculty Office by Friday 19 October 2012.
- A compulsory meeting will be held on Friday 5 October 2012 from 4pm - 6pm in Lady Mitchell Hall for all IB students.
- Students intending to spend next year abroad should return a completed application form to the YA Office by 30 November 2012 (or earlier if you are applying for a British Council Assistantship, deadline tbc).