START OF YEAR INFORMATION 2013-14
MML Tripos and Linguistics Tripos
Please notify departmental secretaries immediately of any changes in students' circumstances eg: change in tripos or language.
Timetable of Start of Term events.
Please check carefully for information regarding Supervision arrangements (Tripos courses), language classes, diagnostic tests, and important introductory meetings for first year students.MML
Certificate and Diploma Information
The Faculty will not be offering the Certificate/Diploma in Modern Languages in 2013-14.
Language Class Lists (MML)
Language class lists will be emailed to students during the first week of term. Lists will also be displayed on Department Noticeboards. Students should contact the relevant Department Secretary to discuss any changes to these lists. Directors of Studies will not receive the lists by email. Department Secretaries will send the first version of the lists only and will not send out updated lists. Further information relating to the language classes in German and Slavonic Studies will be circulated with the paper version of the DoS InfoPack. Please do not email Department Secretaries asking for the lists - they will arrive before the first language class takes place.
The online Lecture Listings can now be viewed at: https://www.timetable.cam.ac.uk. You will also find a quick link from the front page of the Faculty website.
Please note that the Faculty will not be offering the two'Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology Lectures' usually held for MML Part IA students this year.
Students borrowing papers from other faculties
Directors of Studies of students wishing to borrow papers from other Faculties into MML Part II and Linguistics Tripos Parts IIA and IIB are advised to contact the relevant course convenors, or the Director of Studies from the relevant Tripos from the students colleges as soon as possible to confirm supervision arrangements.
Student DeadlinesPart IIB Linguistics students
- Proposed title forms for final year dissertation to be submitted to the Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics by no later than 3pm on Friday 25 October 2013.
- The Year Abroad Project must be submitted by no later than 4pm on Friday 11 October 2013.
- Students returning from their year abroad should hand in their attendance form and report form to YA Office by Friday 18 October 2013.
- Students wishing to apply to submit an Optional Dissertation are strongly advised to attend a meeting with the Chair of MML Part II Examiners, Dr Sheila Watts, on Wednesday 9 October 2013 at 1.15pm in the Lady Mitchell Hall.
- Students wishing to apply to submit an Optional Dissertation should hand in their application form to the Faculty Office by Friday 25 October 2013.
- A compulsory meeting about the Year Abroad will be held on Friday 11 October 2013 from 4pm - 6pm in Lady Mitchell Hall for all MML IB students.
- Students intending to spend next year abroad should return a completed application form to the YA Office by 6 December 2013 (or on 13 November 2013 if you are applying for a British Council Assistantship). For more information please see the Year Abroad pages.
Incoming Erasmus Students