MML is committed to reducing its environmental impact. We have a Green Team working hard to raise awareness of environmental issues in the building, and we need everyone to do their bit if we are to make a real improvement to our sustainability.
MML gained a bronze NUS Green Impact award for 2013-14 and a silver award in 2014-15, presented through the University's environmental accreditation scheme. We are delighted to announce that we have also won gold in 2015-16! For more information please see the University's Green Impact web pages.
Improving sustainability should be fun so we organise a range of activities over the course of the year. We'll also keep you informed via this page about other environmental initiatives around the University, so do check back from time to time and see what's coming up. Please see our News and Events pages for previous and upcoming initiatives.
Our Green Team
The MML Green Committee comprises academic staff, administrative staff, and students from across the Faculty. Please get in touch with our Green Officer, Adam Cooley, to find out more about what we do.
Our Green Committee:
- Adam Cooley
- Jamie Brittain
- Rachel Deadman
- Ben Karniely
- Ina Linge
- Manucha Lisboa
- Steffi Palek
- Anthony Wheeler
- Andrew Webber
We're always happy to receive feedback and suggestions so if you have any ideas, or if you'd like to join the team, please contact one of us using the email@example.com email address.
What can I do to be Green?
There are lots of ways in which you can help. Here are a few suggestions:
- Switch off lights when you leave a room
- Switch off equipment at the end of the day and use 'sleep' mode when you go to a meeting
- Bring in your own coffee/tea mug rather than use one from the drinks machine
- Think before you throw away your rubbish - use the recycling bin if possible
- Take the stairs, not the lift
- Put on a jumper on a cold day rather than turn up the heating
- Report maintenance issues (e.g. a dripping tap) to the Facilities Management Team.
- Only print what you really need to have in hard copy
- Always print double-sided, and photocopy double-sided wherever possible
- Share transport or use a bike rather than driving a car
- Bring in batteries to the MML Faculty Office for recycling
- Bring in electrical/electronic equipment for recycling by the Facilities Management Team.